Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thai Language Principles

Thai Grammar ไวยากรณ์ไทย
Generally speaking, spoken grammar is simple. The basic structure of Thai
sentences is subject – verb - object with adjectives following nouns.
It is similar to English.

■ Sentence Structure = subject + verb + object

Example
khǎo chôɔp aa-hǎan Thai (เขาชอบอาหารไทย)
He likes Thai food.

rao rian phaa sǎa Thai (เราเรียนภาษาไทย)
We study Thai.

mûeakhuen nii chǎn noɔn mâi làp (เมื่อคืนนี้ ฉันนอนไม่หลับ)
I did not sleep last night.

phǒm maa pràthet Thai aa-thît thîi láew (ผมมาประเทศไทยอาทิตย์ที่แล้ว)
I came to Thailand last week.

Thai Pronouns
There are a lot of pronouns in Thai Language.

phǒm ( ผม)
I / me (use by male)

chǎn, di- chǎn (ดิฉัน)
I / me (use by female)

thân (ท่าน)
You: to seniors people.

khun (คุณ)
You

khǎo (เขา)
He

thoe (เธอ)
She

phûak khǎo (พวกเขา)
They / Them

man (มัน)
It: to animals and everything.


Possessive Pronouns

khǒɔng phǒm (ของผม)
My / Mine (use by male)

khǒɔng di- chǎn / chǎn (ของฉัน)
My / mine (use by female)

khǒɔng than (ของท่าน)
Your

khǒɔng khun (ของคุณ)
Your

khǒɔng khǎo (ของเขา)
His / Him

khǒɔng thoe (ของเธอ)
Her

khǒɔng phûak raw (ของพวกเรา)
Ours

khǒɔng phûak khǎo (ของพวกเขา)
Theirs

khǒɔng man (ของมัน)
Its


No comments:

Post a Comment